see our website*
Harrowbarrow & Metherell Village Hall is a large village hall built in 1995. There is a hall and meeting room for hire. It is at the heart of village life and is the venue for many clubs, groups and societies in the area. It is also hired for various private functions including wedding receptions, parties and business meetings.
The Village Hall is managed by the Harrowbarrow & Metherell Community Association and the venue can be booked through the Bookings Secretary on 01579 350911
Year of build: 1995
- Size of main hall: 16.5m x 8m
- Main hall seated capacity: 120 closely seated, 88 with tables and chairs
- Main hall standing capacity: 264
- Other details: Tables, chairs, lights and sound equipment, piano, stage, digital projector
- badminton markings and party tent
- Number of other rooms: 1
- Capacity 20 if using tables and chairs, 40 if seated closely, 8m x 5.5m
- Heating: Oil fired hot air
- Caters for 50
- Facilities include: Hot and cold water, cooker, fridge/freezer, tea urn, cutlery, crockery and work surfaces
- Car park by hall; Public transport very limited
- Accessible entrance and accessible toilet, hearing loop
- Stage for art/theatre shows
- Facilities for sports groups
- Equipment available for users to hire: Party tent (8 x 4m)
- Live Music
- Recorded Music
- Dance Performance
- Fire Certificate
- Public Liability Insurance
- Employers liability Insurance
- Buildings/Contents Insurance
- Stage Play
Standard Hire Charges from April 2017:
- Main Hall: £15.75 per hour;
- Games Room: £7.35 per hour;
- Prices include facilities for making hot and cold drinks only.
- Sports Category £10.50 per hour.
Rates for Village based Voluntary Groups:
- Main Hall £6.30 per hour;
- Games Room: £3.75 per hour;
- Full kitchen £25.00 per session.
- Local Voluntary Groups for fundraising: Main Hall £6.30 per hour. Games Room: £4.20 per hour
- Rates inclusive of use of heating and electricity.
Booking times MUST include preparation and clearing up. Charges are calculated in 15 minute units. All above charges include shared use of Kitchen for Hot & Cold drinks ONLY.
Use of Digital Projector or other electrical/electronic equipment £25.00 deposit per day + Contribution to repair if damaged.
Weddings: Fri p.m. to Sun a.m. £525 including kitchen hire
Tent 8×4m available for hire at village events £52.50; Business £110.25
Brownies £5 per person per day. Kitchen hire £25.00 per day.
Bank holidays: New Year’s Eve etc., £150.00
Hiring for Commercial purposes subject to quotation
Charges for Stage Productions subject to special individual negotiation.
Hiring agreement required
From the A390 Callington to Gunnislake road take the turning signposted Harrowbarrow and Rising Sun. Go down through Rising Sun to the T-junction and turn right. Go passed the PO and turn left at School Road. The Village Hall is on your right just passed the School.
Contact the hall direct:
Call 01579 350911 or use the form below: